- 1 Is Mile High Stadium actually a Mile High?
- 2 Where is Broncos stadium in Denver?
- 3 Can you visit Mile High Stadium?
- 4 What is the biggest NFL stadium?
- 5 How old is Mile High Stadium in Denver?
- 6 Is the Denver Broncos football field heated?
- 7 Does Colorado have an NFL team?
- 8 How many seats are at the Mile High stadium?
- 9 What is there to do in Denver today?
- 10 Who plays at Mile High stadium?
Is Mile High Stadium actually a Mile High?
The stadium is nicknamed Mile High due to not only its predecessor, but due to the city’s elevation of 1 mile or 5,280 feet (1,610 m) above sea level.
Where is Broncos stadium in Denver?
Representing the people and the personality of Colorado, Empower Field at Mile High honors the unique and special traditions of the original Mile High Stadium, one of the most storied and beloved stadiums in National Football League history. The stadium opened on August 11, 2001.
Can you visit Mile High Stadium?
Public tours of Empower Field at Mile High are professionally guided by knowledgeable and friendly tour guides from the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. Each tour takes approximately 75-90 minutes and is a length of approximately ½ mile. The entire tour route is fully ADA accessible.
What is the biggest NFL stadium?
Biggest NFL Stadium: MetLife Stadium, Home Of The New York Giants and Jets: 82,500 Fans. MetLife Stadium just edges out FedExField in terms of capacity, and it is a venue to behold.
How old is Mile High Stadium in Denver?
The Ticket Office at Empower Field at Mile High is open Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am – 1:00pm before a Broncos home game.
Is the Denver Broncos football field heated?
The field will be heated during the winter months by a network of 21 miles of underground hot water tubing. DENVER (AP) – The Denver Broncos will have one of the most technologically advanced natural-grass playing fields in the NFL.
Does Colorado have an NFL team?
The Broncos compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the league’s American Football Conference (AFC) West division. The team is headquartered in Dove Valley, Colorado and plays home games at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado.
How many seats are at the Mile High stadium?
The stadium has a seating capacity of 76,125. It hosts 132 executive suites. For concerts is can host up to 60,000 screaming fans.
What is there to do in Denver today?
Best things to do in Denver
- Denver Art Museum. Art. Civic Center.
- Denver Botanic Gardens. Things to do. Walks and tours.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre. Music. Music venues.
- Molly Brown House Museum. Shopping. North Capitol Hill.
- The Source. Restaurants. Ballpark.
- MCA Denver. Art. Union Station.
- SoBo. What is it?
- Union Station. Hotels.
Who plays at Mile High stadium?
Denver Broncos Home Games The monument will open 30 minutes after main parking lots open to the public and is free of charge.