- 1 Is stadia the plural of stadium?
- 2 What is the plural to city?
- 3 How do you use stadium in a sentence?
- 4 Is stadium a regular noun?
- 5 What is the plural of octopus?
- 6 What is the plural of bacterium?
- 7 What is the plural of person?
- 8 What is the plural of fish?
- 9 What is the plural for boy?
- 10 What are stadiums used for?
- 11 Does the word stadium need to be capitalized?
- 12 How do you use millennia?
- 13 Is Stadium a noun or verb?
- 14 What is the plural of sheep?
Is stadia the plural of stadium?
Stadia is indeed the correct Latin plural of stadium. It is, however, far more common for English speakers to use stadiums.
What is the plural to city?
The plural of city is cities.
How do you use stadium in a sentence?
Stadiums sentence example
- Many were distant enough to be the size of her fist, while those closer were the size of football stadiums.
- I really enjoyed playing in the unique stadiums.
- There are always temperature changes which will affect tuning, especially in the outdoor stadiums as you approach nightfall.
Is stadium a regular noun?
As detailed above, ‘ stadium’ is a noun.
What is the plural of octopus?
By now, it’s widely known that the technical correct plural usage for the word octopus is octopuses. But if we’re being honest, we’ve all indulged in the random octopi usage before.
What is the plural of bacterium?
Bacteria is historically and normally the plural of bacterium. A single bacterium can divide and produce millions of bacteria. Some people who say this pluralize it as bacterias.
What is the plural of person?
As a general rule, you’re absolutely right – person is used to refer to an individual, and the plural form is people. As you have said, we can also use peoples to talk about different groups within a nation or the world. For example: We will be happy to accommodate up to four persons in each room.
What is the plural of fish?
The plural of fish is usually fish. When referring to more than one species of fish, especially in a scientific context, you can use fishes as the plural. The zodiac sign Pisces is also often referred to as fishes.
What is the plural for boy?
1 boy /ˈboɪ/ noun. plural boys. 1 boy. /ˈboɪ/ plural boys.
What are stadiums used for?
A stadium (plural stadiums or stadia) is a place or venue for (mostly) outdoor sports, concerts, or other events and consists of a field or stage either partly or completely surrounded by a tiered structure designed to allow spectators to stand or sit and view the event.
Does the word stadium need to be capitalized?
“Stadium” is the only word capitalized (aside from the first).
How do you use millennia?
Millennia sentence example
- We’ve spent millennia arguing.
- You had tens of thousands of millennia to ask!
- Not many people appreciated a sense of humor crafted over millennia as a sanctioned killer for Death.
- It was a war his family had been fighting for millennia, one that wouldn’t end even with his death.
Is Stadium a noun or verb?
noun, plural sta·di·ums, sta·di·a [stey-dee-uh]. a sports arena, usually oval or horseshoe-shaped, with tiers of seats for spectators.
What is the plural of sheep?
1 ` sheep ‘ A sheep is a farm animal with a thick woolly coat. The plural of sheep is sheep. The farmer has six hundred sheep. A flock of sheep was grazing on the hill.